Friday 8 January 2016

Oghenekaro Etebo set for European move, bids NPFL bye

Warri Wolves forward Etebo Oghenekaro has told Goal that he will not be playing in the Nigeria topflight when the new season resumes in late January, moments after the Nigeria U23 star was named the Most Promising Player of the Year at the Caf Awards in Abuja.
Oghenekaro helped the Seasiders secure a Caf Champions League ticket as NPFL runners-up and also finished top scorer at the U23 Africa Cup of Nations in December.
He, however, declined to disclose his potential destination as the European transfer window for January reopens.
 “I'm not going to play in the Nigeria Premier League next season,” Oghenekaro told Goal, “but I can’t tell for now where I'm going to be playing next season.”
After losing the most valuable player of the tournament award to team captain Azubuike Okechukwu at the U23 Afcon, Etebo was caught unawares by his win at the Caf Awards.
“I didn't expect it. I just want to give thanks to God. But like I've always told myself, it is not about the award but just to be cool-headed and remain the kind of person I want to be.
“I know what’s good for me is just to push and focus on my career and not about the award, because it will surely come.
“This year has been so great for me. Football is a game of opportunity. When that opportunity comes, just do everything to grab it. I believe this past year has really favoured me,” he concluded.
Oghenekaro had suffered a botched summer transfer to Udinese in 2014 and he later rejoined Warri Wolves to secure the Caf Champions League ticket.

Goal

No comments:

Post a Comment